Sunday, December 12, 2010

London's 25 B4 25 Update

     
Remember clear back when my husband and I started the To Do List By Age? See here and here. If you are thinking, "Yeah, I remember that thing. What the heck, I thought you totally slacked and forgot about all those things." Well you are partly right, but I still made progress despite the fact that I totally forgot. So of my list of 25 things to do before I turn 25, I can check off 5. Not bad at all. Here they are.

First, "Finish a Triathlon Sprint." Check. I did that the beginning of November and it has been a long time since I felt that good. Unfortunately I immediatley stopped going to the gym, taking a break for a week, and then I got sick. Now I am still sick, with the same strand of cold this month and handful of days later gagh!, but I am hereby recommitting to the gym for at least a spin class a week. This is what the 25 B4 25 is supposed to inspire in me after all. I might even have time to pass this one off twice since there is another Tri Sprint race in April.

Second, "Cook something I have never cooked before." Did this too. Last month I made Monte Cristos for the very first time. The husband has told me countless times that this is his favorite brunch food, but I didn't even know what it was. I know. Shame on me. But now that I know, and know how to cook them, I think we will be making these alot more often.

Third, "Run a 5k in 30 mins or less." I did this, honestly I did. It was kind of cheating the first time though, because it was part of my Triathlon Sprint, but I ran that in 26 minutes, pretty much my fastest time ever. I am going to count it for now. Hopefully, when I get back into training, I can work back up to it.

Fourth, "Host a Good Party." We were in charge of organizing a neighborhood Christmas Party. It went well and we were pleased with the end result. It was a Holly Jolly Who Feast! We had so many people dress up and do their hair all crazy. The food was AMAZING and we did it all on budget. Then we had a little program and an even littler photobooth. We sang carols, danced around, wrote letters to Santa, and had a feast, feast, feast, feast! Four of twenty five, GREAT BIG CHECK!

Fifth, "Learn a new game." I just reccently did this. The Husband and I were at home and bored. This often happens and we end up turning on the TV. But we just weren't feeling couch potato and decided to pull out the dice. He taught me how to play a game I don't remember the name of, and proabbly will never remember because that is how I roll. ;) Here are some rules. You play with six die. The first roll is always the most important. If you get all pairs then you get 500 and will probably roll again. If you get 1-6 you get 1000 and will probably roll again. If you get three of any number, say four, then you get 400. If you get four fours then you get 400 and double it, so 800. If you get five fours, then you get 400 and double the double, so 1600. If you roll a one, you get 100 or a five, 50. It is pretty easy to get the hang of, but takes some time to explain, as you can see and these aren't even all the rules. But it was really fun to learn, a new game for bored nights.

I feel fairly accomplished with these first five feats. There are some on my list that give me the willies, but I will just have to get over it if I want to finish before I am 25. Wish me luck. Here's to five more of these done by February.

No comments: