While skimming through some blogs today I discovered an idea I want to impliment for the rest of my years. Hmmm. Ok, ok, fine. Maybe not all my years, but at least some substantial ones.
Basically you come up with a certain number of things you want to do before a certain age, the number and the age being the same. For example, check the title of this post. Yep, you heard right. Next year I will be twenty-five. I can't believe it. I still feel like I'm eighteen, but no. I am graduated from college, I am working full time, I am married, and I AM TWENTY-FOUR! Even better, next year I will be twenty-five. I know, gasp! Since I have been out of school I have felt a bit out of focus; no real goals, no real timelines, no real steps of success to track. So now I am putting myself back on track. So here it is, the checklist.
Things to do before the big two five.
1. Get a real, nice looking picture of me up on this blog. Me, just me. No dog, no family. All London. This may not seem momenteous to you, but it is for me. A recent picture to be proud of--that is what I want.
2. Finish a Triathlon Sprint.
3. Grow my hair out so it at least touches my shoulders.
4. Clean house top to bottom, including the garage. I've already started on this one. Garage. Check. Ok, so my husband cleaned the garage last weekend, but I'm still counting it. I am not obligated to keep it clean, just get it all there for once.
5. (I can't believe I'm only at freaking FIVE!) I want to go to the zoo.
6. Read 25 good books. By good, I mean something meaningful that makes me stop and consider.
7. Repaint my dresser drawers.
8. Teach Pepper the Tunnel.
9. Build a shoe cabinet, with my husband's supervision of course. Then put all my shoes in it and get rid of the ones that don't fit.
10. Finish writing my first book. This was something I wanted to have done by the end of the year anyway, so might as well add it to this list.
11. Learn somthing new about each member of my immediate family.
12. Cook something I've never cooked before, and I don't mean the new Hot Pockets.
13. Give blood! Ah! This is accompanied with a really scared face. I have never, ever done it before.
14. Big trip to DI. Get rid of 30 shirts, 10 pants, and 20 pairs of shoes. I know, what your thinking, but trust me, that won't even make a dent.
15. Learn a new game; board game or card game, doesn't matter.
16. Run for an hour straight without stopping to wheeze.
17. (Phew! This is tough.) Have 1000 dollars saved in the Cash Cow. That is to say, put away 150 bucks per month. 75 per paycheck.
18. Go sledding.
19. Wash the windows of my house.
20. Till the garden and re-plant.
21. Run a 5k in 30 minutes, or less.
22. Finish the laundry room.
23. Plant at least one tree in my yard.
24. Host a good party.
25. Take an evening to do a spa night.
Hooray! Done. Can't believe that was so hard. Man, I forgot how hard it was to be motivated, but now I am. Sweet deal. Just as a note, they don't have to be done in any order, as long as they are all done before I am twenty-five years of age.
No comments:
Post a Comment