We took a little witner walk down in the Riverwoods. Initially we wanted to get some photos for our Christmas cards. So I packed up the camera, tri pod, and remote. I had been to the Riverwoods a few nights previous to visit Borders and was left in shock and awe over all the new renovations. They have built little fire pits everywhere, there are gazeebos and a new stage, and right now it is decked in Christmas cheer. Lovely.
We started out taking pictures with the remote, but were thinking it was too hard, so I texted my dad and he said he would be happy to come down. We scampered into Borders to wait and drank a large, hot steamer. If you have never had one of these before you are really missing out. It is steamed milk flavored with syrup and makes your belly warm and makes you a little bit sleepy. We got gingerbread, mmmmmm.
When dad showed up we went back outside and MAN it was frigid. His hands were shaking behind the camera, Spen's nose was red which never happens, and my toes froze in the snow.
But I think we got some good shots. This next one is probably one of my favorites from the bunch. That, and we were sitting in front of the fire where it was nice and warm!
The blue lights looked so amazing. And they have lights that look just like icecycles. Soooo pretty.
So beautiful. I really do love this season.
No comments:
Post a Comment