Sunday, February 8, 2015

The Best We Can Get


Sometimes on Sunday I have the best intentions, but they never pan out. Our church meetings start at 9 a.m. and my littles tend to sleep until 8 a.m. You do the math on that one and it quickly equals quick breakfast, missing shoes, and only partly dressed in our Sunday best. The struggle is real! Most of the time we don't make it to the first meeting on time or end up out in the hall because we are just too noisy that early in the morning. Its only the second month of the year, and already I am completely overwhelmed by getting these two kids to church by myself on most Sundays. You mamas out there, doing the song and dance all by yourself, every. day. You inspire me!

But there are oh so many advantages to early morning church too. Firstly, we are done by noon! I absolutely love that. Second, everyone crashes for a nap as soon as we get home--sometimes it even happens in the two minute car ride home and heaven and nature sing. Third, we have the rest of the day to rest, cook, tidy, spend time with family, and do all the things I love most about Sunday. So it isn't all bad, but just excuse us this year, while we dress in our Sunday best we can get.

     



No comments: