
February gave us a bit of a turn this last week with inexplicably warm weather. Like almost 70 degrees, kind of warm and that is a miracle for our area. It was also a miracle for our cabin fever. Lately three of the four in house residents have been sick with a flu/cold combo happening. KB has earaches and coughs, EV has the worst runny nose of all time and Superman has this hacking cough that jars me to the bone. So this bright and brilliant excuse to get out of the house was one I could not let slip by. We packed up and headed out into the sunshine, and let me tell you it was none too soon.
We met up with a few friends and I let KB just run ragged. It took a little bit for him to familiarize himself with the ladders and slides, but once he was comfortable there was no stopping him. He kept calling to me to make sure I was around and a couple of times I even caught him talking to himself. He is still very much a lone-wolf when it comes to park play, but I still admire him for that. He doesn't need other kids to have fun. He will play with them and talk with them and chase them around for a little while. He will even share treats with them or shyly answer their questions. However, if they move on to something he isn't ready for, then he will contentedly stay behind and keep on keepin' on until he is finished. While he was running free from one side of the playground to the other I could see how much he was enjoying his time there and how he seemed to be coming back to his old self after a couple long weeks of moping around the house. Praises be! Park, we will be back soon--very soon.

We met up with a few friends and I let KB just run ragged. It took a little bit for him to familiarize himself with the ladders and slides, but once he was comfortable there was no stopping him. He kept calling to me to make sure I was around and a couple of times I even caught him talking to himself. He is still very much a lone-wolf when it comes to park play, but I still admire him for that. He doesn't need other kids to have fun. He will play with them and talk with them and chase them around for a little while. He will even share treats with them or shyly answer their questions. However, if they move on to something he isn't ready for, then he will contentedly stay behind and keep on keepin' on until he is finished. While he was running free from one side of the playground to the other I could see how much he was enjoying his time there and how he seemed to be coming back to his old self after a couple long weeks of moping around the house. Praises be! Park, we will be back soon--very soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment