Saturday, January 17, 2015

New Year New Me


The battle with postpartum hair loss is real, at least it is for me. The very same thing happened last time. For the last few months I have been battling with my hair. I have had two hair cuts since Evie was born, and both have left me feeling a little lack luster. I hate not feeling like myself, especially because of something as silly as a haircut. So I finally just went for it--the cut I have been dying to try but just not ready to commit to. I committed and I love it!

I went for a textured A-line bob. I had several Pinterest pictures I showed the stylist and talked about how A-line was my jam. I have had it before and loved it to death. She nodded and commented, and then exchanged a look with her manager before heading to the back for some hair clips. Later I found out I was the first person she had ever cut this style on. By the time she admitted this we were already halfway through and at first I thought, "and you are telling me this now?!?" But I just smiled and encouraged saying she couldn't really mess it up because I wasn't opposed to just chopping it all off anyway. Well, by the time she finished I was singing her praises. My new cut was all I could have wanted and suited me just fine.

Then later when I strolled through Target I found box for the ombre down the hair aisle. It was on clearance for like two bucks! "Hello fate, is that you?" Of course I snatched it up. Is ombre totally out? Probably. Does that really even matter? No! I am as far behind the trends, but so what. Anyway, when I got the box home I quickly discovered why it was marked down. It had been opened and a couple not so necessary things were missing, like the color conditioner, gloves  and applicator brush. Fortunately they color tube and developer were fine, as were the instructions. Did this freak me out a little? Yes. Did it stop me. Um, no. I made my mommy help me put color on the ends and back and then worked my own magic in the front.

We make a great hair color team and have dyed my hair so many times I lost count. We have done high lights and low lights and everything in between lights, but ombre, this was new. I have watched a few tutorials and read a few blogs and figured, "Eh, we got this!" And boy did we ever.

I am absolutely in love with my new hair. It is chic and edgy. It is easy to manage. It does all the right things in all the right places. So amazing how a new haircut can change how I feel about myself. And now for an alarming number of pictures of myself--ew, embarrassing!







No comments: