Saturday, November 1, 2014

Three is Free


I can't believe it. You are my three year old boy, and I just can't believe it. The past year, who am I kidding, these past couple of months have completely changed you. You have grown in your role as older brother. Not only do you seem bigger to me, while holding a tiny newborn, but you also are actually growing bigger. The day you came into the hospital after Evie was born I thought you had stretched a few extra inches over night, you seemed just so big in that moment. The thought was confirmed when I got back home and none of your pants fit anymore. What was happening? You completely skipped size 3T and my heart was broken at the thought. I didn't think things like that were even allowed. 

And yet, there is still so much of you that remains the same. You are ever cautious, ever joyful, and ever so much fun. You are still even a little scared of heights. The things you observe and learn continue to astound me. The conversations we have delight me. The way you sleep during naps, cuddling at my side, is still my favorite part of the day. You are discovering new favorites every day, happy to play with helicopters and dump trucks just as much as you adore flashlights and hammers. You are astounding, wonderful, and take up the best and most frustrating parts of my day. We play, we talk, we celebrate. You are such a bright, shining star to me. I love you dearly, my three year old boy. I will miss age two, but am so looking forward to the adventures age three will bring. 

Today we spent time doing all the things you love. We had pizza with family, opened presents, played outside, kicked a ball, and ate donuts. You dressed as Iron Man, and played T-Ball. You flew a plane around G.G.'s house and jumped on Grandpa. You are so loved by those around you, and nothing swells my heart faster than watching friends and family love you. You deserve it beautiful boy, you deserve all the best and greatest things and though they never show up wrapped and tied in pretty boxes, I hope you treasure them just as much as your new helicopters and lumberjack hat. 

Favorites
Food: Chips and Salsa
Movie: Fire and Rescue
Toys: Rescue Bots and Planes
Color: Blue
Number: 3
Letter: B
Sport: Soccer and T-Ball
Book: Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Site
Song: Thunderstruck by AC/DC
Animal: Chicken
Superhero: Superman

Happy 3rd Birthday Blakie!

No comments: