Tuesday, December 3, 2013

First December Snow


There is nothing so magical, so cleansing as the first December snow. 
Thanksgiving is officially over and Christmas season has officially begun.
 Once that powder hits the floor white, deep, and crinkling, there is no going back.
Blake was fascinated.
Though I am not sure if it was the snow or the scrambling construction workers.
Either way, he was amused. 
He sat by the window with his warm milk all morning just gazing out at that new, white world. 
I eagerly joined him with my ceramic mug of hot chocolate, the hard stuff. 
I debated about cracking out the Xmas decorations. 
We are waiting on that though. 
I made an advent calendar and Xmas decorations are reserved for this weekend.
So instead we just sat and watched the softly falling snow. 
Poor Blakie has another bit of a cold. 
The boy is congested beyond all reason, coughing occasionally. 
There was nothing more I wanted than to take him outside in it. 
Let him feel the snow.
Let him pack a snowball.
But I didn't dare right then. 
Instead we waited until just before dark. 
I tugged his snow pants and boots on over his fleece jammies. 
I then pulled is hat down over his ears. 
I pulled his mittens over his fingers. 
We went out, only for a few minutes of bliss, but it was all we needed. 
We soaked it up and soaked it in. 
The first December snow. 
Hello Holidays!

      

No comments: