I seriously cannot believe little man is here already. Time really is flying by at lightening speed. This kid is rolling and polling all over the place. Sitting is a little easier, but we still tip over, bonk, and cry every once in a while. The crib is looking so small. Baby feet are looking big. Bath time often means mommy is the one getting soaked. And this little man is quite the chatter box, and though I have no idea what he is saying I nod with comprehension and encourage him to keep talking.
He is also into everything that is not a baby toy. The wipes, the diapers, and even the Vaseline are all his playthings. He has also figured out how to expertly smash his heels into the crib mattress and flip right over onto his tummy during a diaper change. Bed time has become wrestling time. Eating solids is messy, but so much fun for both of us. Right now his favorite foods are sweet potatoes, peas, cereal, and yes, even prunes. The apple juice and the sippy cup are constant companions, but he has yet to master it perfectly so things often get sticky. He wants to eat when I am eating, work while I am working, and play in the mud when that is what I am doing. He sees all and knows all I am sure, but is always frustrated by just how little his little body can do.
We go on walks, we sing a lot of songs, and we sometimes cuddle, though that sweet time is getting shorter and shorter. He loves to go places in the car and loves to visit his dear, dear grandmas. This little man is busy. Always wanting to see the world means he never wants to be facing in when you hold him. He was like that when he was barely born, but now it is much harder to hang on to a squirmy, wriggling little thing that has the arm strength of a bull moose, I swear!
These pictures make him look like an angel baby, but I assure you this six month old is all boy. The temper is starting to show through his usual sweetness. He thinks pterodactyl sounds are appropriate communications, especially for food. He will roll around and wail when he doesn't get his way. His little feet have expertly mastered propelling the walker across the kitchen floor. I tell you, we are in trouble, but we love every minute of it.





No comments:
Post a Comment