We kicked off the games with a shootout. Target, ping pong balls.
If you hit my brother you got bonus points, or if you beat him at the game.
This was the most loved game of them all.
They boys absolutely loved it, which is not a surprise.
We all had so much fun, and my parents were such big helps with the games.
Even the littlest kids were having fun and were kept entertained.
My sister K. also loved running the games, completely in her element.
Honestly I think she was just shouting out numbers and handing out tickets.
I could not stop smiling.
The bean bag toss was spectacular.
It was so fun watching the kids win the games.
The person running the game would shout and clap when there were big points.
Then the rest of the family will all stop, look, and join in.
The spinning wheel and the coin toss were totally random.
But the kids didn't seem to mind. In fact, the wheel was a favorite too.
I think it was the sound it made, spinning round and round.
And you can't begin to compete with Plinko.
After playing for tickets the kids raced the ping pongs down it.
It was so much fun to watch them get excited over something simple.
Another big hit.
Brotherly and sisterly rivalry was all part of the fun.
One of the nephews would knock all the ping pongs off.
Then he would turn his water gun on the competitors, looking to spray them.
But I have to admit, my favorite was when they worked together.
Here little H's face is too cute.
Of course you can't have a carnival without a prize table.
Special thanks to Lara and all the sisters for contributing.
You should have seen the eyes widen at all the fun things they could win.
We even had a lottery, the winner getting a Dino Puzzle made by Spen.
Another game was the ball drop.
This was a frustrating game for some of the older kids.
This was because their younger siblings would all get high numbers without trying.
Then the older kids would try and play, landing on the lowest places.
I even think the parents had fun playing along with their little kiddies.
We had plenty of big winners, as you can see.
I loved taking the tickets from my nieces and nephews as they picked prizes.
Then it was time to eat.
We hosted an easy BBQ with hot dogs and burgers.
Everyone else brought something to share.
Delicious!
I love our family and am so grateful to have them.
Everyone had such a great time spending the evening together playing and laughing.
Even Grandma loved watching the festivities.
She sat with her umbrella and watched with a smile.
This is what the faces of the kids looked like almost the entire time.
This makes all the fuss more than worth it.
2 comments:
I want copies of the pictures. Love the one with All three of my boys and the last one of Breakir. We had so much fun! I want to do it again. You are so good to put all this together, I want you to know that I love you and am so happy Spencer found you.
Can you be *my* aunt?
That seems totally fun!! I kinda wanna mooch or at least be taught how to make stuff...
I wish I was cool like you.
/pout
Post a Comment