Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Carnival Games Pt.3 and Trial Run

Ok, so here I am again letting you know of a few more games that I have made for the carnival block party this summer. I have two other installments if you haven't read those, you are more than welcome to browse the blog and read up on the other games.


This first game was one that I remembered from my childhood. My Elementary school would host a carnival every year as a fund raiser. This was one of those games that I would pay to play time and time again. Thinking that throwing three balls to get a Tic-Tac-Toe would be a simple process...but it never was. In fact when I was building this game I had forgotten how hard it was to win. It wasn't until after I had played a few rounds that I remembered how difficult this one was. So, with guidance from my wife, I decided that instead of throwing just 3 balls, you'd get to toss 4. This was a great suggestion she made. The way you win on this one is if you make a Tic-Tac-Toe Horizontally it's a small prize, Vertically - you get a Medium prize, and if you can get one Diagonally - you get a large prize. I even had the next door neighbor kids play the game a few times to see if it worked and how much they liked it.



This game was thrown together in less than one hour. London gave me the idea the night before our little trial run of the Carnival, so I quickly made it and painted it. Not too complex as you can see, but it is rather fun. It is a coin toss. Toss a coin and depending on the color it lands on is what kind of prize you'll get. Getting it on the Yellow is actually easier than getting it on the Red...Go Figure :P



OK, so this last game was kind of a cheat, but I had to put it on here, not because I made it...because I didn't, but because it is a fun game that will be at our block party. It is just a simple Bean Bag toss. My mom bought the game and it seemed to be a crowd pleaser.

Now that you have seen all the games thus far, I would like to say how much fun our trial run was this last Saturday. I had all of my Sisters come over with their Husbands and kids (15 nieces and nephews total), my Mom, Dad, and In-laws even joined us. London and I had a BBQ and had all the kids play the carnival games for tickets and we even had a prize counter with all sorts of cool prizes for them. We had lots of fun (I won't go into much detail because I'm hoping London makes a post of her own on how it went.) Found a few problems with the way things were run, and now I think London and I have it worked out and are looking forward to the Main Event in August.
I hope that all of you are looking forward to London's post and Pictures as much as I am. :D

1 comment:

Rachel said...

This just builds the excitement for the block party. It is sure to be AMAZING!!!