Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Solstice, I Bid You Farewell

This was my car. I solemnly use the past tense because as of this morning it really no longer belongs to me. It has gone up for sale. Sniff. I am bummed out, but know it is the adult thing to do.
This was my first car. My very own. The only car I ever made car payments on. Granted, it is not the first car I ever drove, or claimed ownership of, but it certainly was my very first new car, just for me.
 
I loved driving this thing. Even now, about four years after it was considered brand new, I still got people craning their necks to see it. This car knows how to make you feel special, and stylish, and all around fab.
There were so many good days in this convertible. Too many to even name. But one of my favorite things to do was drive up Provo Canyon with the top down. Bliss, right there.
 Dear, dear Sassy Solstice. You will be missed.

No comments: