Thursday, December 23, 2010

More Hairs Cut

This month my Sister in Law suddenly decided she wanted to chop off her hair. This was a big deal, her hair being at least to her waist. She was nervous and who could blame her? But I too was feeling the need for a hair change. So, as moral support, we decided to go under the knife, or in this case hair clippers, together.
We were emailing pictures back and forth for days, planning and picking our new dos. Tal picked something short and swingy, with layers. The stylists were shocked to hear she was cutting it all off. But she was brave and came out looking amazing. This is right out of the salon.
My venture was not nearly as shocking. I was only loosing a couple of inches afterall. Here is my hair before the cut. The ends were feeling dry, the bangs were feeling long, and I just wanted to change things up.
Here is what I look like now. I confess it doesn't feel all that different aside from the ends feeling nice and clean.
The inspiration was the Carey Mulligan from the premier of Never Let Me Go, found here. I love the short and spunky feel of the cut, but I don't think the stylist cut mine as short. I kept telling her to get it as close to the picture as possible and I could have gone shorter. But alas, that is what happens sometimes.
 
Funny thing is my hair looks almost exactly as it did when I cut it in July. Remember this post? So this is me then.
And this is current.
Not much difference, eh? Maybe a little shorter, but not by much.
But I think all in all we are both happy with the end result. Next we are planning on some color. Hmmmm, lighter or darker? Who can ever know. By the time I decide I might even go back to the salon and have them shorten it up for me.


1 comment:

Rachel said...

I think your hair looks amazing! And you know what the only difference is between yours and Mulligan's? Yours is much thicker...a GREAT thing...so that always changes things. Can't wait to see what color you pick.