Sorry to be a bit of a blog hog, but these pictures are making me smile and I can't help wanting to post them here. As you can see, some of the photos are getting tattered and worn, so I hope to preserve them a little better now that they have been scanned in. Here is a shot from Christmas of probably 1987. I look about two here. Crazy looking back on these pictures. You never think of yourself as ever being that tiny before, but wow. There I am. Blonde hair, chubby cheeks, brown eyes. That's me alright. But I can't help thinking I almost look like a boy in this picture. Everytime I just glance at it I think, "hmmm, there's a pic of my older sister and my little brother, sitting on Santa's knee." Nope, sorry Lil L, if that is you then you are most definately in a dress in this picture, so it has to be me.
I am thinking this next one was about Christmas of 1989. I had a major and super long Barbie phase in my young life. Seemed like, until I was about 13 I loved Barbie and her horses. This year my doll had long blonde hair and K's had long dark hair. We played Barbies together, and even when Linc came along he played, but brought his dinosaurs with him. We also have a pajama tradition in the family. Each year the grandkids get a new set of pajamas, usually all of them fairly alike. Gran Wood usually makes them for us and I loved opening them up every year. The pajamas were always really cute, but the little bonnets she made us were always itchy.
These next few pictures are from Christmas of 1990, we made the trip to Canada that year and spent the Holidays with the Wood side of the family. Here you can see my chipmunk cheeks are full of M&Ms. K is usually pretty happy to see Santa, but it is hard to tell in this picture. She is getting squished into his bowl full of Jelly.
This picture was taken late late late Christmas Eve, after Santa's sleigh had already arrived of course. If you look closely you can see my little Barbie set up a little to the left and on the floor, right behind someone's big white sock. Yep, you guessed it, another Barbie. This one one is a cowgirl. She has a horse, which I loved, a picnic table which I kept for a while, and a roasting chimney with turky. The turky I lost, but we had that BBQ set for quite a while from what I remember.
Here come the stockings. This is probably one of my most favorite traditions about Christmas. The little presents and treats stuffed inside the super huge sock always make me smile and feel truly loved by my family. We always get a Christmas Orange in the very bottom of each sock, delicious when it hasn't been smooshed by the other presents inside.





1 comment:
I love these old photos. So timeless. Really feels like Christmas as a kid. Man, I miss that feeling...
Post a Comment