Sunday, November 21, 2010

Greatful for November Week 3


Monday mornings are usually really bad for me. Especially Monday mornings when I wake up hacking, my husband worked the whole night, and I didn't get everything done over the weekend that I would have liked. Pretty gloomy prospect, starting the week off like that.  But then I am greeted with this beautiful scene walking out the door. Maybe the day won't be too terrible. Thank you blue sky Monday morning, you made the day better for me.
These are my froggy shoes, my mucklucks, my mini goulashes, whatever you want to call them really. They are parked right by the sliding door leading to the back yard and I love them. At target I hesitated, carrying them around in my little red basket thinking and thinking and thinking. I nearly put them back, but didn't. I'm very glad I didn't. They make just running out back for a quick second super easy. No cold feet. No mud and grass getting tracked through the house. Love it. Thank you froggy green mucklucks, you are the best.
Today was Wednsday and I was pleased to see my little resilient flowers still rearing their lovely heads despite the cold weather. I let my puppy out every morning before heading in to work and I check on these beauties. They are still there, about fifteen of them, just cheerily smiling up at the sky. They are determined to stay bright and colorful, despite the odds against them. My garden, dead. My grass, dying. My front flower beds, withered. But these just keep on living. I know you won't last much longer, but today I am greatful for your determination to grow and bloom in this nearly end of fall weather. Thank you, when I grow up I hope to be just like you.
I've got sunshine! I also have the strange feeling we won't be seeing your warm glow for the next few days ahead, over the weekend and into next week, so I am appreciating you right now for your glowing lovliness. You are warm, bright, and truly wonderful. You make the day and make me warm. Thank you for shining.
These are my favorite boots. I got them, again at Target, last year and they have proven their worth time and time again. I especially love these boots after a full day in pinchy high heeled shoes that gave me blisters. They are comfortable, they are cute, they go with all of my outfits, and the best part is they are flat, flat, flat. Thank you favorite, faux suede boots from Target, for keeping it together after numerous wears. Many more to come.
Fall and Winter are my favorite times to shop the scenty store of Bath and Body Works beacuse they have all my favorite smells. Pumpkin, cinnamon and clover, leaves, chrismas tree, vanilla bean. Yummy! So, about two weeks ago they had thier wallflowers on sale and I jumped all over it. That was when I discovered the chocolate mint smell. It smells like my house is stocked full of Andes mints, no joke! Seriously, if you don't think it is possible you should come over and take a whiff. It's wonderful. It makes me a little hungry, but still wonderful. Thank you mint chocolate plug in, you make my house smell dee-licious.
This is only one of my shower heads, and unfortunately the other one couldn't fit in the shot and still be pretty. But yes, I have two shower heads, and love them both.  I crank up the heat, especially when I am coughing, and steam up the whole bathroom, being sprayed at from both sides. That coral colored puff is my scrubber. (I know it looks a lot like Spen, but don't be fooled) I scrub and scrub, probably harder than I should, and revel the feel of all that dead skin off of me. Unfortunately I never stay in here very long, habit of my swimming days in high school, but the few moments I do spend in the shower are deeply charished. I come out looking like a watermelon smelling lobster. Thank you dual shower heads (and husband who installed you), soap, and puff for keeping me so clean and smelling fresh.