Sunday, November 14, 2010

Greatful for November Week 2


My mom calls this my "big, ugly bag." Everytime I go over to the house or meet up with her somewhere she asks, "Why do you always carry that big, ugly bag?" Well mom, this big, ugly bag fits everything I ever need to carry, that's why. You try smuggling Milk Duds and a water bottle into the movie theaters without this bag. And how about my laptop, eh? And my notbook, and my wallet, and my phone, and iPod. I need all this stuff. So thank you, big, ugly bag. I am so greatful for all you haul.
The library is one of my new, favorite discoveries. Ok, so not exacly new, but I didn't have much use for the public library when I was on campus. Now however, I am singing a new tune. I signed up for an Audible account last year, but sometimes I get my books and I don't like them. So I started finding the books at the library. I would listen to them for free, and if I loved the book and wanted to listen to it more than once, then I would buy it. Also, the library doesn't always have the books I want to listen too, but if they do, I don't waste an Audible Credit to listen. So thank you audio cd's from the library.
Here is proof of some of the most important things I stash in my big, ugly bag. I am greatful for all of these things and use them each and every day, often more than once. Eye liner, lip liner, chapstick, an excellent pen, my toothbrush and toothpaste, my little money wallet, my notepad, and my idea journal. Thank you random stuff, for being there whenever I need you.
No one appreciates a good Dunlop tennis ball like our family does. Seriously, you have no idea how greatful we are for these babies. This summer we took our puppy to St. George and while we walked around vacant tennis courts we found tons of these tennis balls. Our puppy was in heaven! These are her most favorite toys and her eyes were buggin' out with joy when she saw all of them. We can throw these things for hours and she never gets bored. We kick them, we throw them, we hide them--and Pepper goes nuts for them. Dunlop lasts the very longest against her puppy jowls. Thank you Dunlop, for making these so indistructable and fun.
This is my planner. It is like my right hand. If I don't have it, then I can't function at my optimum level. Everything is in here. Things to do, things to buy, things to remember, things I've done. Thank you BYU Daily Planner, you get me to places on time and don't let me forget anything at the grocery store.
My dear, dear Pepper Potts. I am so very greatful for this little beauty. She whips her tail when I come through the door. She snuggles with me when I watch TV. She protects me from the boogie man when Spen is working. She always makes me smile and she usually makes me proud. Thank you Pepper! We love you soooo very much.
Papa Murphy's seriously is our life water. We can eat this pizza anytime and probably warm up the oven once a week. It is cheap, and it is delicious. We stock up on their coupons and have the pizza rotation down: pepperoni delite, cowboy, pepperoni black olive mushroom delite, cowboy. You get the idea. If we are ever at a loss for what to eat this is our go to guy. Thank you Papa Murphy for your delicious pizza, without you we would most certainly starve to death. No question.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Loved this post. :)