Monday: run 60
Tuesday: duathlon practice run 45/ bike 45 w/ Spen
Wednesday: rest day
Thursday: run 30/bike 45
Friday: swim 60
Saturday: duathlon practice run 5k/bike 10 miles
Sunday: rest day
How It Worked:
Mon: Funny how when I look back on the previous week I can't really remember much about it. To make things worse, if I don't record my workouts in my planner they are completely blocked from my mind. Well, guess what. Nothing is scribbled in blue pen for Monday so I am guessing I didn't work out. Dang it!
Tues: Made Spence go for a run with me. From the street corner to the rock at the lake and back to the street corner is about, if not exactly, 3miles. It took me 24 minutes this go. I am pretty impressed and pleased with that. It wasn't long ago I couldn't even make it three blocks before I had to stop.
Wed: I weasled my way into spin class. Again, and it must be the instructor, the place was wall to wall packed. I was waiting in the doorway for fifteen minutes and about five minutes before start there were still several "reserved" bikes with no occupants. The instructor told me to take one of those. I felt sort of bad, but at the same time totally vindicated. I was glad he decided to give people the boot if they weren't there for the start of class.
Thurs: Went for a swim. It is the first time in a long while and I should have taken things slow. Unfortunately there was this kid in the lane next to me and he was pretty fast. Of course I had to kep up with him. I couldn't do it without help, so I slapped on my paddles and gave him a good run for his money. Down side, my arms were like noodles by the time I was done.
Fri: Got my hair trimmed, went to a reception, grabbed dinner. No time for a work out.
Sat: This time I roped my dad and my brother into doing a duathlon with me. I love running down by my parent's house. They live close enough to the river woods and the mouth of the canyon so that if we run a loop from the house, down to the river, around the river, and back up to the house it is 3 miles. Then we untangled our bikes. My front tire was a titch flat so I took it in the garage, my dad assuring me his air pump would fit. Of course it didn't and we eneded up deflating my whole tire. Just great! So then, all sweaty looking, I had to walk over the the neighbors' and borrow a different pump. We got the tire inflated and rode our bikes to BYU. They happened to be having a Homecoming 5k race and my dad looked at me inquisitively. I shook my head. We had just run three miles and biked five. There was no WAY I was going to sign up to do another three mile race. So we just watched and waited for some of my dad's student's from the ward cross the finish line then road home. It was a good run and a good ride. My brother didn't think so. He hasn't been training as much as my dad and I, so he was hurting pretty bad.
Sun: rest day! Hooray.
I was glad to get back in the pool, glad to have another duathlon practive under my belt, and glad to have another successful week of training behind me. The race is coming up fast. This week I want to spend even more time in the pool and run the actual route again. Wish me luck!

No comments:
Post a Comment