Saturday, October 30, 2010

Monster Mile & 5k


This was such a fun race. Not a fun race to run, but a fun race to prepare for. We planned, we laughed, we shopped, and we ate. We made a trip to Savers and I thought I was going to die laughing. There were things we pulled off the racks and pulled  on over our bulky jeans. There were parachute pants. Skimpy shorts. Sweats galore. It was stupendous fun.
And, as you can see, the trip was worth it! We looked downright amazing.
We definatley got our 80's on. Melissa had a rockin bow and two toned eyeshadow.
April's hair didn't budge, not even her bangs. Kels had the coolest the side-pony.
Michelle had the best teal around, nails to match. Check it, Shamu!
Amy was bringing 80's back, all the way to the tips of each strand of hair. Her insideout minnie sweatshirt was perfect in pink.
Yes, what you are seeing on me are three pairs of legwarmers. And three shirts too. That made a lot of laundry for just one work out.
A three word definition of the 80's from the perspective of someone born in '86. Big Neon Mess. It is a contradiciton of tight and baggy. It is a mish mash of punk and pink. It is big hair, loud make up, and all personality. Finally, it is the BEST way to do a Monster Mile or 5k.
PS. April and I wear the same shoes. Thought you should know ;)
And they're off!
I love how in all of these pictures they are smiling.
Yep, still smiling.
Okay, now a little more serious.
The finishline for Amy! Go girl!
The finish for Michelle. Little Gavin was so happy to see his mom that he rushed out to get her at the finish.


The finishline for me.
Confession time.
Phew! It was hot in all those leg warmers. It was really hard to run the route they had picked. We were serioulsly running circles. Also, its hard to pace yourself when you have no clue where the finishline is. I had to slow down alot and was mad when old men were passing me. But frusterations aside, it was great. It was such fun to get to hang out with these 80's chicks and to run this race together.

3 comments:

emlizalmo said...

A.W.E.S.O.M.E. :)

Melissa Yergensen said...

R.A.D.I.C.A.L. ;)

Rachel said...

Tubular. (Can I still add an 80s word, even though I didn't run with you?) I LOVE this post...love, love, love.