Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Tri Training Week 4




By now you might know the drill.
Here is what my work out was supposed to look like:

Week 4
Monday: swim 45
Tuesday: swim 30/bike 45/ run 30 (tri practice)
Wednesday: rest day (swim lessons)
Thursday: swim 30/bike 45/ run 15
Friday: rest/stretches
Saturday: 2nd RACE DAY!!!!!
Sunday: rest day

Here is how it worked out:

Mon: Swam for 30 minutes and timed my 400 meters. For those who dont know usually the legnths of pools are about 25 meters. So 400 is swimming back and forth 8 times. Funny thing was the hardest part about it keeping track of how many laps I had done. I had to cheat and slide some of the dividers up and down the lane line. FYI it took me 7 min 40 seconds to swim it. Then I went to spin class for 45 mins and clocked about 13 miles I think.

Tues: I did it again! This time I didn't bother to time myself. I just swam laps for about 35 minutes before spin class. The pace was pretty slow, my strokes long and strong. Then I did spin class for 45 minutes, putting 12-15 miles into my already tired legs. It was really good to double up like this.

Wed: Today was my Anniversary so I took a break. I probably shouldn't have because we ate at Cheesecake Factory and came home with two HUGE pieces of cake.

Thurs: Today I did a round of golf with Mum and Spen. We rented carts this time, but it still took alot out of me. Then we went to the pool for a while to cool off. I timed my 800 again and got myself down to 7 minutes flat! Woo Hoo. Unfortunately I thwhacked my heel on the third turn and it was a zinger. That meant I was afraid to do flip turns and only did flat turns for the rest of my practice. After a couple hours I had a pretty purple bruise.

Fri: Today was a rest day in preperation for my race day. I dont know if it was thought out on my part, or something I did just out of laziness. Maybe I will blame it on my bruised heel ;) Anyhow, didn't run, bike, or swim today. It actually felt pretty good.

Sat: RACE DAY! I couldn't sleep all night because I was so nervous/excited. My alarm finally went off and I got ready. Amy, Melissa, and I carpooled to the Scera Pool and were met there by Mum and Spen. They were so great to cheer us on. I swam my 800 in 6 minutes 30 seconds. It was funny because we were supposed to line up according to our times. So I started somewhere in the middle asking, "How fast can you go." Turns out instead of me being middleish, I was near the front. I just kept scooting up, up, up in line and then suddenly it was my turn. I think I passed 5 people too. The Melissa killed it on the bike. She did her part in about 39 minutes. AMAZING! Last was the "little pink caboose" I mean, "engine" who brought it home with her amazing 26 minute 5k. It was amazing and so fun to do this as a team. Our final time was 1 hr and 13 mins. We were 5th place out of other relay women. So fun!

Sun: Another rest day. But I couldn't get my permanent marker to come off, so I got to tell a lot of ward members why I had numbers written on my arm and calf. :D It made me proud!

No comments: