This is what my work out was supposed to look like:
Tuesday: swim 30/ bike 45
Wednesday: rest day (swim lessons)
Thursday: swim 30/bike 45
Friday: swim 30/run 30
Saturday: bike 30/run 30
Sunday: rest day
Here is what ended up happening:
Mon: Attempted the Tri Practice at the gym again and did better, but not great. I did about a 600 swim because I got there late (dang Provo Center St construction!) so had to hustle before spin class. As I was scuttling out of the pool the woman swimming next to me was also getting out and said, “You swim really fast. Like 20 seconds faster than my lap time.” I smiled at this. What a confidence boost. Well, we started talking about training and what we were swimming for and turns out we both want to compete in triathlons. She is training for the one in Orem, just like me, but is also training for an open water swim called the YUBA, I think. Might have to check it out!
Tues: All good intentions, but nothing doing. I got home and crashed. But I did walk the stairs at my work a few times.
Wed: Made this a bit of a redemption day with a quick bike around the neighborhood and walked my dog. Did about 20 mins on the bike and 30 mins in my new shoes. Not bad, but not at all great.
Thurs: Again totally bombed working out. I really like to hit the gym on Tuesday and Thursday for spin class because I like the instructors, but I got hung up at work and by the time I got home it was too late for Spin. Besides, I was planning a block party and had a TEENSY bit of shopping to do—so I counted walking around Costo, then Wynco, then Walmart, then Target, then back to Costo (they had the best deal for the dollar on frozen burgers.) It had to have been at least five miles of walking. Yeesh those stores are huge.
Fri: Still no real redemption. This night I had sushi planned with some friends and some block party set up happening. Again, I got stuck at work. It appears that all the forces of nature are culminating against all my aspirations!!! J/K. Mostly its just me getting in my own way, but hey, eventually I will get there.
Sat: Now we can talk about work out—though it may not be what I had in mind. Today we went boating at Willard Bay with my family. It was amazing! So much fun to get together and get out on the boat. My uncle is the best, letting us hog the wakeboard. If you need an arm work out, try getting up on the wakeboard. Can you say YEEOW! On Sunday my thighs, lower back, upper back, and triceps were killing me. All worth it though. I’m hoping it will make my freestyle stroke all the stronger.
Sun: An official day of rest—except for when I got called into the Bishop’s office that morning. Man oh man did that get my heart pumping. Who needs cardio when you can just be issued a new calling in the ward?
I think this week was only slightly more successful than last week. I definately see improvement in my future.

No comments:
Post a Comment