Monday, August 23, 2010

Week 3



This was what my work outs were supposed to look like:

Monday: swim 30/bike 45
Tuesday: swim 30/bike 45/ run 30 (tri practice)
Wednesday: rest day (swim lessons)
Thursday: swim 30/bike 45/ run 15
Friday: rest/stretches
Saturday: 1st RACE DAY!!!!!
Sunday: rest day

Here is what really happened:

Mon: Took my dog for a walk and not much else.

Tues: Tried a Tri Run Through again at the gym by swimming 700 meters, biking 15 miles, and running 2 miles. The running was actually a run for 1 min, walk for 1 min, but hey, I deem it progress. No knee pain and no stopping.

Wed: Work went late so I took a rest day today and went to RS dinner night.

Thurs: Walked around the store and chased little kids around my Mother In Law’s backyard during a dinner party. Those nieces and nephews make sure your coordination is in tact. I tried to get them to play soccer with me, but they wanted to play hide and seek tag instead.

Fri: Had dinner plans with my bff who is heading back to NY on Sunday. Therefore no work out.

Sat: Today was supposed to be a race day, but I know I am not ready so I never signed up. I did get up early to try a 5k run though. I stretched, found my shoes, found my iPod Shuffle, clipped my dog to the leash and headed out. I made it all the way to the lake, but my knee tightened up and we had to walk back home. Pepper was trying to tug me into running, but every time I tried it, I could tell my knee would really hurt if I did. Funny how my knee is fine after 30 minutes in the pool and 45 minutes on the stationary bike, but try to just get out and run—nope, not happening. I take this as a sign that the triathlon sprint really is for me because my knee is actually warmed up by the time I have to run. ;)

Sun: Took another rest day today, but after hiking up and down and up and down the stairs with loads of laundry, I ended up working out more than I had originally planned.

No comments: