My Garden is Growing.
Ok, well the things in the pots are growing.
Turns out planting in clay pretty much kills off all plants vegetable.
So pots good, clay not so much.
Some of my pepper plants are starting to bud.
Can't wait for yummy garden salsa!
Spen's Starwberries are doing well.
Too bad I pick them as soon as they turn red so he doesn't get the chance to enjoy them.
This is my first salad pulled from my garden.
It would have been delicious, except I inadvertantly planted a spicy lettuce.
Who knew?
If I would've taken a closer look at the seeds I might have noticed.
Eh, you live and learn.
PS-and this way you get to see your mom and dad make funny "ick" faces when they try your spicy lettuce salad.
Well worth the non-seedpacket-label reading.
Also, here are my two major resources for gardening this year.
Both of them have been so helpful and turned my green thumb even greener.
"Grow Your Own Herbs..." was great because my dad got me interested in an herb garden.
His is immaculate and I always want my gardens to smell of sage and lavander.
Yum.
"Growing Stuff" is also great because it takes large scale gardening and brings it way down.
It teaches how to start from seeds, when/where to plant, and how to maintain.
It does all of this for more urban gardeners like me who dont have a ton of space.
And now on to the front yard.
Things up here are not as edible as things planted in back, but they are just as pretty.
Something about having my front flowerbeds planted makes me feel fullfilled.
And a little bit fancy.
I can never remember what the big tall plant is called.
We planted it two years ago and loved how often in flowered in late summer.
Last year we didnt plant a thing and I felt so shabby.
Luckily this year we found our tall plant again and my front yard will be aglow with hot red blooms.
Next are the "brains" flowers.
Again, I apologize for being forgetful at knowing the names of my plants.
I think this one has "coral" in the name somewhere, but BRAINS is so much better.
In my opinion.
Can't forget the tiger lilies.
I love these.
Always have.
Thank you Peter Pan.
Also, for July I tried to throw in a little patriotic flare.
These pinwheels were just too cute to pass up at the dollar store.
Lastly, and perhaps my most favorite are these "elephant ears."
Ok Ok, so I do know the real names of these. Maybe.
Potato Vines, I think.
Since they dont grow potatoes I think its a silly name so they will forever be elephant ears to me.
These things take over in the late summer so if you plant them, look out!!!
Welp, it has been a wonderful early summer of potting soil under my nails and muddy knees.
All well worth it.
Things are growing, the sun is finally getting hot, and I have a lawn chair!
All to enjoy nature.
Now if I could just keep Pepper Potts from digging up her namesake then we would be set.

No comments:
Post a Comment