Monday, June 28, 2010

Summer Soccer Schoolin'


Much of this summer season has revolved around soccer.
Not the soccer mom kinda soccer.
The bro just got back from Argentina and is obsessed kidna soccer.
Where the FIFA world cup is first in foremost in our minds.
Where goals are set up in the yard.
All over the yard.
Bruises are the size of soccer balls.
Where soccer cleats are laying muddied and bloodied in the entry.
Yes, this is the kinda soccer of which I speak. 
Turns out its pretty fun.  
This one day we were playing by the pool.
I have never been good at soccer.
In fact, anything involving hand/foot 2 eye coordination is off limits.
I simply stink at those sports.
But that doesn't keep me from loving them.
Right now our sport is soccer.
Gives me time to hang with the Argentine Cracker.
Not too often I get to beat him.
Once I nearly hit him in the face.
Strangely satisfying.
No one got hurt, too bad.
I aslo get to stamp on his feet and he can't complain.
As seen here.
We have been playing around since the World Cup started.
He is pretty good.
He thinks he is way better ;)
But turns out I'm better than him at kicking left footed.
Never would've thought that would happen.
But then he pulls a ninja move.
All the gloating immediately ceases.
Last weekend we rode bikes to find some nets.
First we tried to play at the MTC.
It was an accident.
I told L. we couldn't play there.
He didn't think it was their field.
 Obviously, we got kicked off.
"I toldja so!"
So we rode some more and found nets we could actually use.
We practiced for about an hour.
It got hot.
I got sweaty.
There were many blisters involved.
Then we rode home.
Way fun!!!
It's also fun to mix soccer in with other things.
Like swim caps.
Mis-matched socks.
And, of course, family.
So far the summer of soccer has been great.
But sometimes its nice to take the weekend and drive in your convertable with your husband and your dog.
No soccer involved.

No comments: