Friday, March 20, 2015

A Visit to Temple Square


Today my mom and I decided to load the kids up on the Front Runner and ride the train up to Salt Lake City to pick up my dad from work. It was work--I'll tell you. Getting kids, stroller and bags on the train in one piece was tricky. Fortunately, once we were all seated the trip went smoothly and we all had a great time climbing the stairs to the upper level and watching out the window and landscaped zoomed by. We even waved at Papa's work when we zipped past and K.B., ever the train enthusiast, smiled from ear to ear the entire ride.

We disembarked without incident and started making our way through the big city to the "big white castle," in the middle. That was where we planned to meet up with my dad. We talked with Blakie about the importance of the sacred building, what it meant, and what it was used for. Then we took him up to touch the front doors. Letting him share and the spirit of this place is very important to me, and I hope the temple will always be something he looks towards with hope and faith. 

Let me just say, springtime on the temple grounds is like nothing else. Don't get me wrong, the Christmas lights on Temple Square are nothing to sneeze at, but Spring is just that much more to me. I love the blossoms, blooms, and freshness. It symbolizes so much as we look forward to Easter and General Conference. I loved getting to spend a little peaceful time up there this year and would be happy to make this a yearly pilgrimage when all life is renewed. Here is just of glimpse of what it looked like.  


    



     

No comments: