
TO SPRING, OR NOT TO SPRING?
A little while ago Superman and I made this bet. A spring time, Punxatony Phil based bet. I bet it would snow one last time this year, and The Man bet it wouldn't. Then we squabbled a bit about what qualified as snow, what the winner would win, and so forth. With the details nailed down I smuggly waited for the day when my prediction came to pass. And I waited, And I waited, growing less smug. The snow, the one inch skiff that was supposed to linger through the morning light never came. In fact, it still hasn't arrived.I am still not leaping on the Spring has sprung mantra, but by gosh I have been tempted. The weather has been just too nice these last few days. I mean, if Spring isn't here then someone really needs to tell my strawberries. They are absolutely convinced.
Littleman has especially enjoyed the change in weather. We have been park people several days in a row. The sun has rosied up his cheeks and completely knocked him out for nap time. I could get used to it, I really could.
But honestly, Utah weather, I am so on to you. You cozy us up with sun and fun. You draw us in with your peeks at green grass and frivolously blue skies. You wrap us up in the warmth of a couple days of 60 degrees. You get us all outside on our bikes and scooters and playgrounds. Yes, you always do this, just before breaking our hearts.
Well not this time. This time I am still clinging to the frozen skeptic in my heart. I am patiently waiting for the rest of that snow to drop. I may pull a few weeds, play a little sidewalk chalk with my boy, and I might even mow my lawn, but I am not calling it Spring. You have to convince me and it will take more than just green strawberry plants.
If however, I do lose the bet and it doesn't snow one more time, I still come out of this a winner. Because even though I am rooting for the other team, I have really enjoyed this taste of Spring. I wouldn't be opposed if the season decided to stay.
No comments:
Post a Comment