
There is something about a simple choo-choo that has my Littleman smitten. This here is a small Thomas the Tank Engine set of trains that came with a book and a play mat. It was given to him by G.G. and ever since I have not seen a day pass where he hasn't had one in his hand. He doesn't care much for the book or the mat, but those tiny trains--they are magic.
He carts them around the house calling all of them Thomas. "This one is blue Thomas. This one is green Thomas." He will sit on the bottom stair and run them back and forth on the carpet. He will slide them around on the play table downstairs in our family room. Really the trains can go anywhere, but mostly he spreads them across the kitchen on chairs, table, and floor. I'll be doing dishes and glance over my shoulder at him contentedly playing. It makes me smile. It makes me smile wider when he tries to say, "chugga-chugga choo-choo!" because it always sounds more like, "tooka-tooka tchoo-tchoo!"
We are probably missing several of them by now because they are so small and easy to lose in the couch cushions, but he is still completely in love with them. When it comes to toys I am not sure there is anything this kid likes more than trains right now. Every time I try to put them away, even when he is clearly playing with something else, he says, "Mama! Hab dat," and looks so distressed I hand them right over.
Trains are the shiz right now. That is all.




No comments:
Post a Comment