
I love Easter. I love what it symbolizes, I love the time of year, I love all of it. Birds begin to chirp, snow begins to disappear (I hope), and grass begins to turn green. This time of rebirth and renewal always gives me hope that things can and will get better. Changes happen, and though change is hard, it gives us the opportunity to strengthen our roots and grow our branches just a little taller.
This Easter I couldn't help but see the change happening before my very eyes, and a little too quickly for my taste. Last year I was basically carrying Blake around in a little basket. He could roll and squawk, but was pretty much completely dependent on others for food, love, and entertainment. Now he is Mr. Independent. He can walk and communicate. He can discover things and play on his own. He can feed himself. It is such a life changing transformation and I know that things are only going to change more as he keeps right on growing. Just as we settle into a routine around the house something changes and we have to establish a new dynamic. It is fun, but can be exhausting trying to keep up with it all.
Other than change though, things are going very well. Spencer is still plugging along, both working at the prison and in our little work shop. He has just started trying to ride his bike to the front runner station and taking it to work. Unfortunately the weather is not quite on our side. Mostly I forget I even have the car on those days, which is good. Blake and I pretty much just totter around the house making messes and cleaning them up. It is a simple, but thoroughly enjoyable life we have right now. I am soaking it all up, certainly.
And now, prepare to be bombarded with photos from our happy Easter weekend. Apologies in advance, but I just couldn't put the camera down.








No comments:
Post a Comment