
Yes, as you can clearly see, this little guy is well on his way to taking the world by storm. There is no stopping him now. His first timid steps have quickly turned into something akin to running full tilt. It all happened yesterday afternoon while we were lounging in the downstairs. One minute I am watching him scarcely let go of the couch to move to the coffee table, and the next he is sauntering across the room, no holds barred.
I seriously wanted to leap and shout with joy and amazement, but I knew that would scare him and he would promptly plop back down on his diaper clad bummie. Instead I did foot stomping on the inside and ventured a calm, "good job Blakie." At that he glanced over his shoulder and kept right on trotting around the room. He would fall down, crawl over to the couch to pull himself back up, and get right back to walking. I am overjoyed and freaked out of my mind at his new discovery. He does so much more falling. He does so much more exploring and testing boundaries. He is so gosh darn cute with his shoulders hitched up to his ears and stiff legged gait.
I am one proud Mamma who now has to figure out how to keep him from walking his big boy walk right down the stairs. Heavens above he is so grown up. Time is simply flying by and I am off to fly after my walking baby boy, something I do not want to get used to.
1 comment:
Love that picture of him. Cuteness. Amazing how fast the time goes.
Post a Comment