This just in, I am not good at being under house arrest. During my pregnancy I had visions of being put on mandatory bed rest. I had a stockpile of audio books, magazines, and movies just in case my dreams came true. I could just see myself missing work and cuddling up in my bed at home day after day, just waiting for precious baby to arrive. My days were blissful, peaceful, and full of comfy downtime. Honestly, this was what I thought it would be like in my head. Looking back, thank goodness it didn't happen that way. I would have gone nuts, especially because I pretty much have been on my own self imposed bed rest for the last while and already feel the urge to get out. I can only imagine how awful it would have been to be stuck in the house both before and after baby. So today we took a trip to Grandma LaLa's house. It was good to escape and spend time out of my bedroom for a while.
Don't we look so cute in our little outing outfit? The hat, though you can't tell in this picture, is huge on baby boy's cranium. It kept slipping down over his whole face. That is why I love sitting in the back seat with baby. I get to rescue him from the tumultuous antics of overlarge hats.
We got to LaLa's and while Spence put up the Christmas tree the ladies all sat and fawned over the sleeping little man. It was a delight. I even helped unstring several strands of dead lights from the tree. I felt so helpful and productive. This probably means there will be a couple more outings in our near future. Like maybe tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment