"We are not the same persons this year as last;
Nor are those we love.
It is a happy chance if we, changing,
Continue to love a changed person."
--W. Somerset Maugham
Five years ago Spencer asked London to be his wife and she said yes!
I can't believe it has been so long and so short a time we have been together and everyday I am eternally grateful for Spencer's courage to ask me to marry him. I remember exactly the things running through my head at the time. What? This is a surprise! But can't say I didn't see this coming. Is he the one? Is there such a thing? Can I picture us together five years from now? Ten? Twenty? Forever from now? He is so wonderful. Is it just me, or is the world spinning? If I say no would I be forever regretting it?
It felt like an eternity standing there, him kneeling at my feet. He agrees, in fact, he claims for him it was much longer. It seems impossible, but somehow I knew it would be right. That if I said yes to him then we could and would make it work and we would be happy. The proof is in our lives today. We are not those same two people who hiked up to the falls that fateful day. We have changed and evolved and grown. The beauty is we have changed in the same direction, evolved in only the best ways, and grown closer together.
I can't believe there is one more year behind us, and a great year at that. We have been so blessed and I can't wait for more.
No comments:
Post a Comment