Saturday, March 26, 2011

Rex Lee Run

Today Linc and I rode our bikes down to support our dad while he ran the Rex Lee Run 10K. It took us only fifteen minutes to get there, then about twenty to actually find our dad. We didn't think it would be all that hard, you know, looking for a bald man dressed all in blue. Turns out, it wasn't as easy as you would think. We just missed him my the time we got to the track, he had already gone down to the start of the 10K so we had to book it about four blocks to get there before the gun. Luckily we made it.
I mean can you pick him out in that crowd? Oh, right. There he is. The one bald guy right in the middle waving at the camera, dressed all in blue. I see him now.
This is my dad warming up. He likes to do a little Macarena to get in the mood. Turns out the girl next to him has muscular dystrophy, I think, and she is planning to run a half marathon this year. Quite inspiring and my dad had a good time talking to her before the race.
And he is off. I love watching the start of the race. It is probably the most exciting part for me, watching all the runners begin the race full of energy and exhuberance.
And now here he is close to the end. This is him practicing waving off the paparazzi. Pretty good don't you think? But definately not as much energy as he had at the start. On his way past my bother he asked, "Why am I doing this?" I didn't have an answer for him because running a 10K sounded pretty crazy to me from the get go.
And there, on the sidelines, is my little brother in all his Argentine splendor.
Here is the finishline. I am pretty sure you can figure out his finish time here, but in case you can't seem to make it out, he ran the race in 58:58. That is something I certainly could not have done. I am so proud of him.
Sheri Dew was pretty proud of him too. We stopped by to chat her up after the race. You will have to excuse my brother's cheesy grin. He does this sometimes in front of celebrities. What can I say? He is a bit of a gomer at times, but I still love him.
We celebrated with never ending French toast at Magleby's Fresh. The breakfast of champions enjoyed by all, even those who were way to lazy to run. Here you see Samantha, Suzette, Linc, Moi, and Dad. An excellent way to start off a Saturday if you ask me.

No comments: