Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Finish Line


After all that hard work. After all that exercise and training. After all that stressing and spinning and practice.I did it. I got to the finishline. But we should probably start at the beginning. Running arms, helmet, goggles. Bring it on!
Here it is. The start!
On your marks! Get set!! GO!!!
Had to go one lap around the park to finish off the run. Hardest lap of my life! I wanted to stop several times, but didn't let myself.
There is my mom standing by the tree. It is a real motivator to have them all there yelling for me to GO!
I had to hand my iPod off to Spen. Not aloud to ride the bike with it. Some safety issue. The nerve!
Lookin' good right off the start. My legs were a little Jell-O but happy to not be running anymore.
Here you can see all three of my supporters.Dad in denim on the left, Spen  in white on the right, and Mom's shadow on the pavement.
The "Hill of Dreams" on 4th. You have to do it twice. First time around is always a killa! I'm that little spec labled "me" at the very bottom of the hill.
Huff. Puff. Huff. Puff. And yes, my leg warmers and arms are pushed down. It got hot in a hurry as soon as the sun came out.
Almost to the top. Hence the grimace! P.S. If you blow this pic up you can see the time on my watch says about 43:02. In case you were wondering.
After that tough spot I got a couple good waves and smiles in.
Finally, the thing I am most comfortable with. The swim.
I wasn't counting, but my fan club said I passed  27 people in the pool.I believe it. The place was so hot, the water so turbulent and full of bodies.It felt like there was no oxegyn in the place.Many racers were just walking through the water. It made things a bit squishy in there.
This next one is probably my favorite pic of the bunch!
The last lap of the race!
Then I had to hop out and take the last few steps of the race to finish.
Hoorah! All done. Water, bananna, and orange never tasted so good.
Sad I didn't get a pic with mom. But just know she was there all the way through to the finish too.
After all that my Husband took me to his Parents condo for some relaxing and a long soak in the hot tub. Boy did my legs need it.
My official finishing time: 1:13:04.6
My 5k: 26:12
1st Transition: 1:06 (helmet and onto bike)
My 10 mile bike: 36:38
2nd Transition: 1:18 (strip down to my suit)
My 350 meter swim: 7:48

Overall Placing: 141/344
Gender Placing: 30/141
Age Group Placing: 5/24

Thanks dad for doing duathlons with me on Saturday mornings.
Thanks husband for running with me on many of your days off.
Thanks brother for going with me when I was too scared to go alone.
Thanks mom for coming to the race and taking pics.
Thanks friends for taking my mind off the race the night before.
Thanks In Laws for letting us use the condo after all was said and done.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

You should be proud! You ROCK!

Rachel said...

You are a woman of steel! Great job. :)

AprilA said...

Um...just WOW! Such a great accomplishment!