Saturday, August 14, 2010

A Quick Trip to the Bay

This year we are trying to cram in all the summer activities we can think of. I honestly don’t know why we feel so much pressure to have fun this year because neither Spencer nor I are headed back to school this fall. Maybe it is just the summer mentality that you have to enjoy it while it lasts, no matter your age, your occupation, or your future plans. So, we have been making plans and having a great summer—like all our previous yearbooks have told us to do.

So first Utah Lake, then Lagoon, and now Willard Bay. What a summer it has been.

The original plan was to hit Bear Lake, but not only was that an impossibility for Spence and I, but it was going to make schedules awfully tight for my mother, father, and brother as well. So we proposed a change of venue and my aunt and uncle were kind enough to agree. As it turned out, driving the shorter distance to Willard really did work out better for all parties involved—it was just meant to be I guess.

So we had a blast on the boat, as well as on shore. For Spencer and I, the main goal of this trip was to wear out our little border collie so she could sleep while we threw our block party that night. We threw the ball out into the lake over and over, making her swim farther and farther. It worked! She was so tired she slept almost the whole way home. But then again, so did I ;)

We all got a good shot at the wakeboard early in the day. Both Spence and I got up and had so much fun being towed by the boat.
I also like to catch the falls on camera. They are just too good!
This is Spen's face when he his trying to get up goofey foot.
Then it was Linc’s turn and we all held our breath and crossed our fingers. See Linc had yet to get up on the wakeboard and since it has been at least two and a half years since his last attempt we were all apprehensive. He struggled the first couple tugs of the boat, but then it suddenly clicked and he got up! It truly was momentous and he was bursting with pride at his success.
Then my uncle took a spin. As you can tell, he is by far the best of all of us.
Last was my cousin. She braved the choppy deep.
Then we headed back into shore to blow up the tube because the water was getting way to rough to do much of anything else. We all ate lunch, hung out, threw the tennis ball into the water, and sat in the glowing radiance of the sun. It was perfect.
Spence and I had to leave at three and ended up getting back in time to start preparations for the block party—perfect timing.

1 comment:

Spencer said...

What London doesn't show you is the fact that I can go goofy footed...so I think that makes up for my funny face.