We always try and do something fun when Spence is home--especially since lately he has been picking up a lot of overtime. So on this lovely Monday we decided a little picnic at the park was just the right thing to do. The weather was not too hot, the sun was about to set, and I borrowed a picnic basket from my grandmother. Perfecto!
We brought Pepper along too and it was so fun. We got sandwiches from Blimpie, cookies from Fresh Market, chips from the gas station, and cream soda from the grocery store. We packed up a blanket, the frisbee, the picnic basket and piled into the car.
We ate and talked and sat. It was so relaxing and the park was really nice--one of my favorites. Its the one kind of close to Walmart with the huge aray of pavilions and the swings that can go round and round. I could sit there for hours and watch people walk their dogs, ride their bikes, and swing.
For the most part Pepper only wanted to watch and chase the people in the park. She was so distracted we could barely get her to play frisbee, let alone get her to eat her food.
Then something happened that made us laguh out loud. A group of people set up goals and started playing soccer in our view. Pepper stretched to the very end of her tether and slumped down in the grass to watch them. The funny part was you could tell she wanted to go and play with them. She would wag her tail and pirk up her ears everytime one of the players even glanced in her direction.
My little brother has been teaching her how to be a good goalie lately, and Spence and I started to do her inner doggie dialogue. "Hey, you guys. Look over here. I can play that game. I'm really good." Then someone would shoot at the goal and she would dart up and try to lunge, only to be still restrained by her tether. "Hey, give that ball to me. I can do that. I know how to play that game. I could do better then that guy." The she starts pulling up the grass, something she does to show her frusteration. It was so funny! I promise I will get a video of this and you can see it for yourself. If you are a dog person you can't help but laugh. She is a smart puppy and we love her to death.
No comments:
Post a Comment