Friday, April 23, 2010

Wedding Bells are Ringing

The wedding season is upon us and people are getting engaged and hitched left, right, and center. Turns out I know alot of them too. It seems like I can't turn around without seeing another announcement in the mail and thinking, Wait, really? Another one. Who is it this time? Luckily, I really really enjoy this time of year--weddings included. That and I'm already married, so I don't have to feel all depressed and left out. Instead I think of my own pretty wedding day and hope the new Bride and Groom will be half as lucky as I was.

Well this particular weeked my cousin Josh got married. Our whole family was really excited for them and it was fun to see him so happy and looking sharp in his suit. Unfortunately, I missed out on the official ceremony, but was pleased to attend the reception held in their honor. The food was good, the music was perfect, and the company was great.
I love getting together with family to celebrate--whether it be birthdays, holidays, or saturdays we always have a good time. This is especially true when the Gygi's get together. My cousin Steph, sister the the Groom, is always one you wanna invite to a party. She is spunky, outgoing, and a tad bit more eccentric than the rest of us, but in a good way. The whole night she was checking her pit stains on her dress and asking if she smelled. Yep, and we still love her. Actually, she is downright funny and so is her little boy, H.
 
This is a pic of my little brother and H dancing--no wait, this is a pic of them wrestling. H loves his transformers and so does my little brother. They are really good buddies since they have so much in common. The picture that I was thinking of, but didn't get on my camera, is of Steph's husband Al and my brother dancing. That was a sight to see. My sister K asked Steph's husband to dance and then, thinking it would be hilarious and encouraged by Steph, my brother cut in and turned to dance with Al. Now if you know Al at all you know that he is the manliest man on the planet. When my brother tried to cut in Al flapped him away while his face turned red and us onlookers could not stop laughing.
 
The place in American Fork where the reception was held was georgeous. The best part was it used to be the church my grandmother attended. Usually I am worried that she will wonder off and get lost in her quest to find the bathroom, but that wasn't the case here. She knew the building better than the rest of us. It had the most elegant stain glass windows and the inside was so lovely, decorated in the light blues and greens chosen by M, the bride. Also, I couldn't get enough of the grounds and gardens, despite the fact that it was still a bit chill outside.
Here is a picture of a very happy, proud grandmother and her grandson who just got married. Probably my most favorite shot of the night. Hopefully the rest of the wedding bashes I attend this wonderful wedding season will be half as beautiful and fun as this one.

No comments: