Thursday, March 4, 2010


Yick
Thank you
Sloshy, sploshy, snow puddle
For flowing into my silver flats.
Yesterday was blue and amiable,
While today is all grey.
It was a walk across the lot,
And you ambushed me.
Winter transition weather.
Yick.
 
Don't get me wrong, the water is welcome, as long as I'm prepared for it. However, when I am getting ready for work and the sun is shining through my bedroom window I can't help but feel optimistic while I slide into my sweet silver flats. Then I am looking out the window of my office and all I see is icy grey and white. Grrrr. So I walk across the parkinglot in my flats and have to slosh through a puddle that has collected around my car.
Once home I change into my boots, scarf, and coat. Voila, instantly I am ready for the beautiful winterland. I am warm and dry, ready for an outdoor adventure. That and Pepper Potts needs a walk or she turns destructive and harasses me while I'm on the computer; always nuzzling under my arm and nosing my face.
The walk was really nice. The trail was so bare and quiet, I could almost hear the snowflakes. Pepper Potts yanked on the leash, excited to explore, and I stomped gallantly through the puddles, protected by my boots. Thank you J.Crew for being inspired to make boots that reach mid-calf. My umbrella kept my head dry, my scarf kept my neck warm. I'll admit. Winter weather isn't soooo bad.
Especially when there is warm tomato soup waiting for me at home. There is something comforting about tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. It makes we warm inside just thinking about it. So maybe I've changed my mind about winter transition weather. It is nice to have comfort food and snuggly blankets once in a while. I am sure I will miss you during the summer.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

London--just found your blog. Read through it. Fun to know a bit more about you. I know you mostly through my kids . . .

That tomato soup looks heavenly by the way.