Thursday, February 25, 2010

This Was Our Honeymoon


 We went to Playa Del Carmen, Mexico becuase that is where Spen served his mission.
Granted, this is not where he served, but it was pretty close.
Everything is soo green and humid.
That is why the camera was foggy, not because I did fancy photo tricks.
The Resort we stayed at was right on the beach.
They had a snack shack, open all night.
A formal resturant.
Cabanas.
This was an underground pool, and yes the water was that blue.
Of course we had to see some ruins.
This is Chicen Itza.
The day was hot and the ruins gargantuan.
 
Spen told me he things this is where the 2000 Stripling Warriors hung their hamocks.
If we did the math right, its a possibility.
I believe this was called the Observatory.
They were star gazers, no doubt about it.
Spen felt at home in his hamock.
This is what he slept in on the mission.
 Here I am swimming with a sting ray.
Looking back that was probably not the brightest idea.

All in all, a beautiful, wonderful, and simply perfect honeymoon.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

WOW. Looks beautiful! And serious, that water is SO blue!

Kristin said...

Those are some amazing pictures. That one of the underground pool . . .wow. Not what I picture when I think of Mexico. Might have to give it a shot someday.