
Well, the time is at hand, or at least nearly at hand. I am 37 weeks along and can feel my pregnancy drawing to a close. The baby sister is getting big and strong. The doctor thinks she will be born very close to, or maybe even after her due date, like her brother. With this in mind I realized just how close I am cutting it to getting things prepared. I have a baby room that is coming together, but not complete. I have an empty backpack that I need to put things in for our trip to the hospital. There are still heaps and heaps of "office" supplies from the room I need to organize and sort. And I have two presents I need to purchase for Blake and Baby Sister to exchange while at the hospital. Things to do, things to do. Thinking about all of it makes my heart stutter with anticipation and fear. She is almost here. SHE is almost here. She is almost HERE!
However, instead of working on any of that I set up my tripod in Baby Sister's room and took a few portraits so I can remember exactly how big I was. With Blake I didn't really take any maternity pictures aside from a spontaneous shoot about two months before his birthday. I was not very big then. Now, however, I am making the effort to better remember these last few weeks of carrying a beautiful miracle inside of me. Wish me luck. Maybe I will get a few things done in these last few days of being newborn free.


No comments:
Post a Comment