Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Attempted Road Rally


Last night we had dinner with some of Spencer's friends who were visiting. We went out to eat and the place was close to where a Road Rally was taking place. How convenient, right? I mean, it was like we had planned it or something. Anyway, the bike rally was hosted by Small FryFreshly Picked,Chatbooks, and Little Hip Squeaks. I remembered all the fun we had at the event last year, and really wanted to do a retry. Unfortunately, K.B. scooted his scooter around for about a minute and had enough. Made me sad. He usually is really into that kind of thing, but I think there were just too many big kids tearing up the pavement. Needless to say he was a little to small to appreciate all the crazy. So we gave up on the Road Rally in favor of the Splash Pad. It was a much bigger success. Funny thing is, this kid doesn't like getting his face wet. He likes the tub, if I don't wash his hair. He likes the pool, as long as he is not expected to swim. He likes the Splash Pad, as long as nothing squirts him in the face. I mean, I get it. Getting clobbered unexpectedly by a bunch of water to the face is shocking and sometimes not the best sensation. Yet, at the same time it isn't something you can completely avoid either and I wish one day he will just get used to it. Grim hopes, but hopes none the less. 

     


     

No comments: