
...ON A CLOUDY DAY
Sometimes I just feel so blessed, and yesterday was one of those days. I woke up in the morning, took a good look around my life, and just thought, "Wow!" Then I had to haul bumb to the bathroom because--pregnancy. Anyways, after I got dressed I walked into my Littleman's room smiling from ear to ear, ready to greet the day with him. He immediately flipped over so he could see me and said, "Mama!" in an excited voice, so happy I hadn't forgotten about him over the course of the night. Then he started talking about how he slept, which stuffed animals he took to bed with him, which movies he planed to watch that day and how he does not need a diaper change. Good glory it made me smile and feel like the most important thing in his life.
It can be too easy for me to forget about all the good going on, especially when I am still constantly battling with nausea and fatigue. Mornings are rough, they just are. I am overwhelmed with all the chores, all the mess, and all the responsibility. Motherhood, who knew? Gah! Some days I don't even have the energy to tackle just one small task before collapsing on the couch and feeling like a complete slouch. On those days I cannot see the sun through the clouds. From the moment I try to roll out of bed I know the day I will have--I forecast it, just like the weatherman. "Gloomy, doomy with an 80% chance of pukes!"
Lately though, I have been making greater effort to start every day with my best, happiest self. I scroll through my Happy Thoughts board on Pinterest and muster all the self-motivation I can. While doing this I snack on half of a Powerbar because--pregnancy, warding off as much of the morning sickness as I can. I then get ready to have a great day. On great days I don't just slouch out in my pajamas. Instead I start by getting dressed in some slightly stylish clothes and putting on some lipstick. It sounds silly, but it helps me feel like I am getting ready to go to work. Next up is my morning routine with the Littleman. The rays of sunshine just continue from there.
Yesterday morning I wanted to just soak in the happiness for a while. We stayed in his room for thirty minutes chatting about some of his favorite things. Then I let the kid wander around in just his diaper while we talked, read books, and ate breakfast. I put aside the chores and the mess. They could wait, let's be honest. It was slow, easy-going, and one of the most enjoyable mornings I have had for a long time. Despite the clouds outside, our morning was full of the purest sunshine because we dispersed the clouds ourselves. "Warm, shining with a 100% chance of pure joy."




Lately though, I have been making greater effort to start every day with my best, happiest self. I scroll through my Happy Thoughts board on Pinterest and muster all the self-motivation I can. While doing this I snack on half of a Powerbar because--pregnancy, warding off as much of the morning sickness as I can. I then get ready to have a great day. On great days I don't just slouch out in my pajamas. Instead I start by getting dressed in some slightly stylish clothes and putting on some lipstick. It sounds silly, but it helps me feel like I am getting ready to go to work. Next up is my morning routine with the Littleman. The rays of sunshine just continue from there.
Yesterday morning I wanted to just soak in the happiness for a while. We stayed in his room for thirty minutes chatting about some of his favorite things. Then I let the kid wander around in just his diaper while we talked, read books, and ate breakfast. I put aside the chores and the mess. They could wait, let's be honest. It was slow, easy-going, and one of the most enjoyable mornings I have had for a long time. Despite the clouds outside, our morning was full of the purest sunshine because we dispersed the clouds ourselves. "Warm, shining with a 100% chance of pure joy."




No comments:
Post a Comment