
Blakie cracks me up almost 24/7. He has such a sweet disposition and a fun loving personality, at least, most of the time he does. The usually cranky times often involve when it is time to eat. Otherwise he is such a funny, fun kid. Bedtime is perhaps when he is at his goofiest. I will take him up to his room, either after dinner or after his bath, and often some kind of shenanigans will ensue. He is tired, and when he is tired, he really can crack himself up. Tio calls it the "Tired Phase." During this time Blakie can barely walk three steps without collapsing, either from misdirection or a fit of giggles. During this time everything is hilarious to him. During this time we settle in for a cuddle, but then quickly realize if we sit we will fall asleep, so we are off like a shot after just a minute.
Tonight was full of giddy scrambling around his room in the onesie, and fits of giggles, collapsing on the floor. Then he started nabbing books from the shelf. This kid loves his books. He would carry one around, presumably "reading" it to me. Then he would climb up on his little shoe trunk and flipped through the pages.
It was so funny and so sweet. My heart melted and then broke a little, knowing these precious moments will soon be gone. I try to soak them up. I sat there, cross-legged on the carpet, and just let every laugh, expression, and warm fuzzy seep right into the deepest pocket of my heart.
He looked so small, perched up on that little shoe box. He looked so wild when his hair wisped out behind him just before he face-planted on the carpet. He looked so precious when all I could glimpse was the top of his little head and fingers while he sat in my lap turning pages. Sometimes he looked like the little boy I see him growing into. Mostly he looked like my sweet, precious, loving little Blake.
Don't leave just yet, baby boy. I'm not ready for these moments to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment