We did it, we finally got this kid a high chair. He is no longer rolling around the kitchen floor in his walker at dinner time. No sir, he is sitting up in his chair like the biggest kind of boy there ever was. I seriously cannot believe we are already to this point. I mean, yes, I know we have been eating big boy food for quite some time. Yes, I know eventually you have to teach your kid proper manners and this is a table, not a horse's stable. Yes, I know that most kids have their own chairs long before now. I was just trying to hold on to his little self a little while longer, that is all. Also, I am picky when it comes to baby gear, let me tell you.
I didn't want picking out a high chair to turn into the fiasco that was picking out a crib, stroller, car seat, carrier, etc. Back then, was I was about to become a mom, those decisions drove me nuts and drove up my blood pressure. I researched and made spreadsheets for pity's sake. It was not pretty. It was not until months after baby was born that I finally clued in: a safe car seat is a safe car seat and a working stroller is a working stroller. I did not need bells and whistles after all. So, with the high chair, where better to look than the simplistic style of Ikea?
We went as a family, grandparents and Tio included, and traipsed our way through the furniture store. They had only a few models to choose from and this high chair was a no brainer. It is sleek, it is black, and it is simple. I loved it the moment I first laid eyes on it. So, we got it. We brought it home. Spence slapped it together in an afternoon and Blakie was enjoying it come dinner time.
So, I guess we are a big boy now, all grown up and eating in his big boy chair. Sigh.



No comments:
Post a Comment