This kid does not like waking up in his crib. In fact, he starts screaming before he even opens his eyes. I heart it coming through the monitor and immediately want to clench the pillow over my ears. It can seriously grate on my nerves, especially first thing in the morning. Sometimes I don't want to get out of bed to fetch him, but I do it. Then I bring him into my room and we cuddle on the bed. As soon as I reach my hands down and lift under his little armpits he turns into the sweetest little thing.
He smiles with his big eyes. He nuzzles into me. I carry him from his room into mine. I crawl back onto the bed and plop him in the middle. He will roll around on my bed for a good thirty minutes while I soak in all of those happy moments. Then I nurse him and after that we start the day. I know my mornings like this are limited. I know one day he wont need me to come and save him from the crib. I know one day he will be getting himself up and off to school. I don't really look forward to those days. Which is why, right now, I will love and cherish this little good morning baby routine. It is our time to savor, and I plan to do just that.
No comments:
Post a Comment