Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Many Phases of Dinner














I did not cook before Blake. Cooking was messy, risky, and something I rarely had time for. But being home all the time has helped me get to the kitchen a little more frequently.

I like cooking, and I love experimenting. I will read through a recipe, keep what I like, remove what I don't, and even add some extras when I am feeling dangerous. I also rarely use exact measurements. Instead I cook by texture, taste, and smell. To top it off, I am a messy chef. I use so many bowls, pots, and pans, oh my!

We still do takeout A LOT because all those dishes for two people just doesn't seem worth it every night. But cooking is no longer a stranger in our home. Next step in becoming Super Domestic Goddess, laundry. HA!
(and yes, Mac and Cheese is our bread and butter)

- From my iPhone while in the Nursery

No comments: