The boy has a name. We were fairly certian going in to this thing that both Spence and I loved the name Blake. It is great for a little boy, but something an adult doesn't have to explain or be ashamed of either. Dignified. We both think the name Blake is dignified. After delivery Spen asked me if I still wanted to call him Blake. I agreed right away. However, this was not the case the next day. I was staring into baby boy's eyes and asking myself if I could label this little human being something he could be proud of for the rest of his life. Talk about pressure. I had no idea it would be so overwhelming. Fortunately visitors showed up, aka my family and Tallie, and we started testing names on the boy. At first it seemed like Cooper might have been a good choice, but it faded fast. We weeded out some names and had a top three. They started rotating the names while Linc held him. The said Blake, and he opened his eyes. Everyone started saying the three names in rotation and little boy locked on to anyone who said Blake. So he chose the name himself. Or he knew it from inside the womb. Or he had some help from his family on the other side.
Blake: Either from the Old English 'blac' (bright, shining) or 'blæc' (black, dark). Originally a surname this is now also used as a given name. It has also been used as a nickname for some one with light hair and fair skin, or someone with dark hair and complexion.
Dear Kenneth Blake Schade. We love you so much already and cannot wait to watch you grow and develop. Welcome to this earth, welcome to our family, and welcome to our hearts.

No comments:
Post a Comment