Monday, February 7, 2011

Welcome to Nacho Town

I love nachos and I blame this on my mother. Apparently, when she was pregnant with me, nachos were a regular occurrence. In fact, she claims to have made a plate of them almost every night.  However, regardless of her insane nacho fetish, I am a picky nacho eater. I don't really like Mexican restaurant nachos, movie theater nachos, or ball park/basketball game nachos. I will eat them, but I don't really like them. I only like home cooked, oven broiled nachos or Taco Bell nachos. I know, Taco Bell, ew! But it's the truth. 

Lately I have been suffering from the nacho cravings and my husband and I made a huge pan of them last night. Delicious! I just took a pan and laid out a whole bag of chips. Then I grated some cheddar over them and stuck them in the oven, with the broiler on, for a quick minute. If you leave 'em in too long the chips burn, learned that the hard way. Then on the stove top I warmed up a can of black beans and some Campbell's Cheese soup in separate saucepans. In the cheese soup I mixed in some spices, taco sauce, and salad dressing. Next up were the toppins. Chopped cilantro, sliced olives, more taco sauce, jalapenos, and that is it. I would love fresh tomatoes, but Spen hates them, so I just left them off this go around. Spen whipped up his infamous, completely authentically Mexican guacamole, and we were set.

If anyone finds themselves in need of some serious nacho time, I'm your girl. Tell me the when and where and I will be there with a huge pan of nacho goodness.

1 comment:

emlizalmo said...

Your nachos are the bomb.