Friday, July 30, 2010

Tri Workout Schedual



I have just finished organizing my work out schedule for the weeks up to my races.

The basic layout of my schedule is to keep doing the things I am currently doing (aka spin class every Tuesday and Thursday while swimming 2-3 times a week) and slowly working them together and adding in the running. I am measuring by minutes instead of distance because with these times I know I can complete the distances required for the race--no problem.

Week 1
Monday: run 30
Tuesday: swim 30/ bike 45/ run 30 (tri practice)
Wednesday: rest day (swim lessons)
Thursday: bike 45/run 30
Friday: swim 30
Saturday: bike 30/run 30
Sunday: rest day

Week 2
Monday: swim 30/ bike 45/ run 30 (tri practice)
Tuesday: swim 30/ bike 45
Wednesday: rest day (swim lessons)
Thursday: swim 30/bike 45
Friday: swim 30/run 30
Saturday: bike 30/run 30
Sunday: rest day

Week 3
Monday: swim 30/bike 45
Tuesday: swim 30/bike 45/ run 30 (tri practice)
Wednesday: rest day (swim lessons)
Thursday: swim 30/bike 45/ run 15
Friday: rest/stretches
Saturday: 1st RACE DAY!!!!!
Sunday: rest day

Week 4
Monday: swim 45
Tuesday: swim 30/bike 45/ run 30 (tri practice)
Wednesday: rest day (swim lessons)
Thursday: swim 30/bike 45/ run 15
Friday: rest/stretches
Saturday: 2nd RACE DAY!!!!!
Sunday: rest day

Just looking at that makes me tired. Take in deep breath and just remember to do these one day at a time. It's possible. Deep exhale.

No comments: