So, to kick off the weekend we ended up having dinner, ice cream, and going to a movie with friends. Funny thing was we planned on doing a BBQ origionally, something came up for my husband and I so we switched to eating out, but then it turned out the thing that came up was no longer an issue. Go figure! At first we thought it ruined all our plans, but turns out the 'going out' plans were much better for all of us. We ate at Iggy's, desserted at Farrs, and watched Prince of Persia at the Cinemark. All of it lovely fun. Unfortunately on couple from our trio of couples will soon be moving to California, and they will be missed.
Then came Saturday. I cant help but begin an official summer Saturday with yard work. I do this for two reasons: I love it, and my husband always wants to sleep in--can't blame him there. The most exciting news would have to be the state of my seedlings!
I can honestly say I am amazed they are doing so well--still, after all this time. Soon I should be able to send them out into the big bad world, but I think I will baby them a little longer. At least, until my peppers are a few more centimeters higher.
So since I could not plant all the seedylings I just plated flowers, the kind of flowers you buy fully grown from the plant store. this particular plant store of choice I lovingly refer to as Cooks becuase that's its name.
Here is the back yard before its transformation.
And here is after.
Ok, Even I will admit the change is not all the drastic, but still. Things are clean, my garden plot is preped for the seedlings, and my little hanigng buckets are dang cute if I do say so myself. All in all a very productive morning/afternoon. Lawn mowed--check. Pots painted--check. Clean patio--check.
Next follows the Pre official birthday celebrations
No comments:
Post a Comment